If you have protected your Outlook PST file with a password and you forgot the password then you feel very trouble how to access that file and remove password from that file.
Without the password, you can’t open PST file and can’t access your message. For this various solution are available.
No manual method is available for recovery of forgotten password. It is not possible to recover a forgotten password. However, a password can be changed using manual methods.
Manual steps for changing the password of Outlook PST file
1. First, you need to follow the given below steps –
2. Start your Outlook by entering your old password
3. Go to PST file on the left side of Outlook and right click on it. Select ‘Data file properties’
4. In the next screen, Under general tab click on Advanced button
5. Click on Change password and a new window will open for password changing
6. Enter your old password, then new password and verify it. Finally, Click OK