This is one of the main errors of Microsoft Outlook which you will get while sending or receiving emails in Outlook. When a complete email cannot be sent or received within the set time interval, error 0x8004210A is shown in Outlook.
Let us discuss this issue, its reasons and solution in detail in this article.
Reasons of Outlook error ‘0x8004210A’
These are some of the reasons behind this error –
- There may be incorrect assigning of email protocols
- Poor internet connectivity
- Enabling of antivirus software in your system
- Firewall settings enable
- Outlook profile settings not placed correctly
Measures to rectify MS Outlook error 0x8004210A
- Verify internet connection of your computer – First, you need to check whether your computer is accessing the internet or not. If your internet connection is fine then check for other measures.
- Remove antivirus program that may be hindering normal process of Outlook email client and server – If you have installed an antivirus program in your system. It scans Outlook emails and may affect the performance of Outlook email client.
- Disable Windows Firewall – Disable Windows Firewall and try to perform send/receive operation.
- Removal of suspicious email from mailbox – It is also suggested to remove suspicious emails from mailbox. The damaged emails in your mailbox will affect the sending and receiving process in Outlook.
- Increase your account server timeouts interval – You can increase the account server timeouts by following the steps –
- Go to File Menu and click Account settings
- Select the required account and click change
- Go to more settings window and click Advanced tab
- Go to server timeouts and increase the timing
- Recreate your email account – You can recreate your email account in case of damaged email account. For this, follow the steps –
- Go to Control Panel
- Choose ‘Mail’ option
- In the next window, Go to Email accounts
- Select the required account and Click Remove
- Finally, click add and follow the instructions to re-add the email account
- Repair Outlook program
- Open Control Panel
- Click on programs and then ‘programs and features’
- Find MS Office 2016 and click change
- Select Quick repair and repair
- Check Outlook file integrity by scanpst.exe
You can search ‘Scanpst’ in Windows Explorer to locate it then click Browse to select the target Outlook file and click on start
- Third-party solution – Mailvare free PST Recovery tool
Scanpst.exe is not fully capable in repairing Outlook PST file and moreover, a non-technical person is not able to follow the steps. Therefore, a third-party solution is also available for you in the form of Mailvare free PST Recovery tool. This software will quickly repair your Outlook PST files without considering their size and the software is workable on all versions of MS Outlook. No hurdles will be faced during the recovery using the software. The software has only three steps –
The software has simply three steps of working –
- Browse required PST files
- Select the export options
- Provide output file destination
If by using all the manual methods, you are not able to get rid of Outlook error 0x8004210A, you will surely get the solution using third-party Mailvare free PST Recovery tool