ICS file – ICS file is a standard format used by various email clients to store calendar information such as tasks, events, journals etc.
Thunderbird – Thunderbird is an open source, desktop email client developed by Mozilla Foundation. Thunderbird application is free of cost and can be installed easily.
Why there is a need to import ICS file into Thunderbird?
- If a user is moving from web-based email clients to Thunderbird, he need to import ICS file into Thunderbird email client
- If a user wants to open ICS calendar without internet connectivity there is a need to import ICS files into Thunderbird.
How to import ICS files to Thunderbird email client?
It is very simple to import ICS files into Thunderbird email client. Given below are the steps mentioned to import ICS files into Thunderbird email client –
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird email client on your computer system.
- Click on Events and tasks option and then click on Import option
- Import window is opened. Browse the required ICS file which you want to import to Thunderbird email client.
- Click on Open button and import ICS to Thunderbird