Set up an Email Account in Outlook
- Open Outlook and click the File tab.
- Select Add Account from the Info section.
- Enter your name, email address, and password, then click Next.
- Outlook will attempt to automatically configure your email account. If it is successful, click Finish.
- If Outlook is unable to configure your account, select Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP, then click Next.
- Enter the incoming and outgoing mail server settings provided by your email provider.
- Enter your username and password again, then click More Settings.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Advanced tab and enter the incoming and outgoing server port numbers provided by your email provider.
- Click OK and then Next to finish setting up the account.