Outlook is one of the most popular email applications used by thousands of users across the globe. It is used for managing emails, contacts, calendars and tasks. Outlook is available for both home and business users, and is the default client in the Microsoft Office Suite. Despite its popularity, Outlook is prone to errors that can disrupt user experience. One such error is Outlook error code 0x8004217A.
What is Outlook Error Code 0x8004217A?
Outlook Error Code 0x8004217A is an error that occurs when a user tries to send or receive emails in Outlook. This error is usually accompanied by the message “Sending reported error (0x8004217A): The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server”.
This error can be caused by a number of factors, such as incorrect server settings, incorrect username and password, server timeouts, and a lack of connection to the server. It can also be caused by a virus or malware infection, or a corrupted Outlook profile.
How to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x8004217A?
There are a number of ways to fix Outlook error code 0x8004217A. Here are some of the most effective methods:
- Verify Server Settings: The first thing you should do when you encounter this error is to verify the server settings. Make sure that the server settings are correct and match the server settings provided by your email provider. This includes the incoming and outgoing server addresses, the port numbers, and the username and password.
- Check Your Firewall: The next step is to check your firewall settings. Your firewall may be blocking Outlook from connecting to the server. Disable your firewall temporarily and try to send and receive emails again. If it works, then you will need to add an exception for Outlook in your firewall settings.
- Disable Antivirus Software: If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, it may be blocking Outlook from connecting to the server. Try disabling the antivirus software temporarily and then try to send and receive emails. If it works, then you will need to add an exception for Outlook in your antivirus settings.
- Reset Your Outlook Profile: If the above methods don’t work, then you may need to reset your Outlook profile. To do this, go to the Control Panel and open the Mail applet. Select the profile you are using and click the “Reset” button. This will reset your Outlook profile and hopefully fix the error.
- Delete and Recreate the Account: If resetting your Outlook profile doesn’t work, then you may need to delete and recreate the account. To do this, go to the Control Panel and open the Mail applet. Select the profile you are using and click the “Remove” button. Then, add the account again and try to send and receive emails.
Outlook error code 0x8004217A is a common error that can disrupt the user experience. It can be caused by incorrect server settings, a lack of connection to the server, a virus or malware infection, or a corrupted Outlook profile. To fix the error, you should verify the server settings, check your firewall settings, disable your antivirus software, reset your Outlook profile, or delete and recreate the account. Hopefully, one of these methods will fix the error and allow you to send and receive emails in Outlook.