Are you working on MS Outlook? Are you looking for ways to get the most out of your MS Outlook? All you need to set rules. Microsoft has always tried to offer the best user experience for MS Outlook. Along with many other advanced features, Outlook gives its users the flexibility to manage and organize emails by using Rules. Users can able to set different rules for emails. Below is the mechanism of Rule function in various versions of MS Outlook.
MS Outlook rules are an automatic action which is based on the specifications that you have set. Users have the flexibility to set specifications with the help of Rule Wizard and Outlook applies them to emails.
Templates of Rule Wizard Featuring Rules
- Stay Organized: The rule offers to set rules from a specific sender with a specific word or phrase in the subject to move to a certain folder.
- Stay Up to Date: With this rule, you can able to get a sound or visual alert when you get specific messages which you have set as specific. You are allowed to set the alert message on your mobile also.
- Start from Blank Rule: The rule works like other rules but it is not created using predefined templates. Here you set the rules on your own.
Are Setting Rules of MS Outlook Beneficial?
- Setting rules for emails can make your email management well organized. Suppose, you have a hip of messages in your inbox and you wish to filter messages from your colleague. Doing it manually can be hectic and time-consuming. If you set the rule for it, email management can be easy. As you set rules, you can-
- Set a particular category or flag emails received from the office
- Forwarding of emails automatically from your junior to manager as you receive in your inbox
- Move emails holding a specific subject to a certain folder
For MS Outlook 2003 & 2007
Step1- Open MS Outlook, go to Menu, then Tools and from the drop-down select Rules and Alerts
For MS Outlook 2010 & 2013
Step 1- Go to Home, from the Move tab, select rules and then Manage Rules & Alerts
Step 2- A new window will pop-up, select New Rules from the menu to create rules and specify conditions.
Note- Outlook allows you to change rules, copy, delete and import/export them.
Step3- A new window ‘Rules wizard’ will open with some predefined conditions. You can select them to create a new rule.
Step 4- Select the “template” to create the rule from categories and press Next tab
Step 5- A new window of Rules Wizard will open along with conditions. You can check the required options and provide necessary rules by ‘Edit the Rule Description’ by clicking the underlined values (in step 2).
Step 6- Press Next tab to provide a name to the ‘Rule.’ Activate the rule by check mark the options ‘Run this rule now on messages in inbox’ and ‘turn on this rule.’
Step 7- If you have multiple account and want to apply the set rules on all account, check mark ‘Create this rule on all accounts’
Rules are one of the most powerful features of MS Outlook. It will help you manage your emails smartly and effortlessly. Set your rules to get the most out of MS Outlook.